Clinics and Requirements
2016/2017 Requirements (ORA Page)
Clinic Information (ORA page)
Assistant Coaches in Training
Those of you that have older CORA players helping you, here are the requirements
“Assistant Coaches in Training (those who are 16 or 17 years old as of December 31, 2016) are required to attend a CSI or CI clinic in accordance with the level of play of the team whose bench they are on.”
- Under 16 (as of December 31, 2016) – not really CiTs but more helpers
- As long as they are on any TRF they can come on ice for practices
- Cannot be on bench during games until they are over 16.
- Over 16 (as of December 31, 2016)
- Practices only – PRC
- Games - on TRF + PRC + CSI/CI depending on level
Questions? - Contact Roland Wippel, CORA Coaching Direector
Please do not contact the regional coaching director directly.
Miscellaneous Coaching Resources
- Giving Great Feedback
- Keep it Simple Coach
- Goaltending - Keeley Brown
- Coaching Association of Canada
- Ringette Canada 3M NCCP Coaching Certificate Program
- Practice Plan Template
However, many athletes never quite cross the 10,000 hour finish line, and have used the scapegoat reason, “I just didn’t have enough time to commit to the sport.”
In just the last two decades, coaches are finally realizing the tremendous impact they can have on their win/loss record and the respect of their athletes by coaching the mental game.