Call Up Rules
A "call up" is when a team needs an extra player and wants to "borrow" a player from another team for a game (eg a U14 team wants to borrow a U12 player to play for a game).
In general there are limits on:
- When this can be done. If your team has sufficient players you cannot call up or call over.
- How many times a given player can be called up or over.
- The level of play of the player being called up or over. For example a 14C team cannot call over a U14AA player.
The National Capital Region Ringette League (NCRRL) has detailed rules for this which are explained at https://ncrrl.on.ca/coaches-managers/call-ups/
The rules are bit hard to find in the documentation. Here is the relevant section as of October 2021:
Shall be registered with your association and be a RO registered player. When your association has no appropriate age division or calibre teams, you must contact your Regional G&T Coordinator for possible solutions.
Can choose either/or:
- same age division or one lower, same calibre or less.
Example 1) A U16AA team could choose:
a U16AA/A/B/ C team player
Example 2) A U16A team could choose:
a U16A/B/C team player; or
a U14A/B/C team player
- one calibre higher only, one age division lower.
Example: a U16A team could also choose a U14 AA player
You must advise the NCRRL convenor for your age group before the game. The list of convenors is available at https://ncrrl.on.ca/info/ncrrl-executives/