Ringette for All - Mixed Ability Ringette – Meeting Every Player at Their Level
Ringuette pour tous - où les enfants avec des besoins spéciaux peuvent jouer à leur niveau
Physical activity is beneficial for the body and the mind. Some children, due to varying levels of physical or cognitive abilities, may not have been provided the opportunity to participate in team sports. Our goal is to change that.
We feel that no one should be excluded from sport and that every child should have the chance to experience the incredible benefits of being part of a team.
Ringette for All is designed to empower our athletes by teaching them the core life skills inherent to ringette including:
teamwork, communication, resilience and inclusion, all while having fun.
Our season has wrapped for 2021-2022, and we plan to be back on the ice mid-September 2022 and look forward to another awesome season all while doing our best to ensure everyone stays healthy and safe.
Stay tuned as registration will be opening soon!
- The program runs from Mid September to Mid March. We typically play at 2:30pm on Sunday at Jim Durrell Arena.
- We have room for a maximum of 15 players from age 8 and 18 (for players over the age of 18, please contact us)
- Our goal is to provide a program where each player is safe, has fun and is challenged to grow and develop at their level.
- One on one support can be provided.
- During each session, the players develop their skills, are part of a team, make friends, increase their self confidence.
- Each session is led by volunteer coaches who are supported on ice by current CORA Players.
- Parent volunteers are welcome to participate with off ice activities
- Nous avons plusieurs entraîneurs et bénévoles francophones.
If you have questions send us an email. We'd love to hear from you!
True Sport providing the guiding principals in all CORA programs, the RFA players will learn the fundamentals of the sport as well as develop life skills that will benefit them, in and out of the rink.
All abilities welcome - All are part of the team!
Any player, eight years and older, with a developmental and/or physical disability that prevents them from playing on any other team is welcome.
Can’t skate yet – no problem!
Not sure what ringette is – we’ll show you! From “learn to skate” to ringette skill development – we will coach all players at their level and provide one to one coaching if needed.
Players require a helmet with Ringette cage and skates. A full set of Ringette equipment is strongly recommended and some equipment is available to borrow on a first come first served basis.**
Here is the list of recommended equipment:
- CSA approved helmet with ringette mask (triangle-shaped holes to protect against the square ended stick)
- neck guard
- shoulder pads
- elbow pads
- shin pads
- ringette pants and girdle OR hockey pants and socks
- ringette stick
** Thanks to generous donations from the ringette community, we have sticks and equipment to loan to new players on a first come, first served basis.
Interested in volunteering, please complete our Volunteer Application Form 2022-23.
Need more information? Please contact Kim Gurtler.
If financial assistance is required, please let us know.
A huge Thank you to our Partners and Sponsors