Dear Coaches and Managers;
Here are some points about your responsibilities for the equipment and jerseys, which is provided by CORA, for your team. Notes About Equipment
Before the season starts:
- To obtain the equipment and jerseys for your team please contact the equipment manager, (See the Executive Page for contact information) and arrange a convenient time for you to pick up what you need.
- CORA provides rings and jerseys for the players. Some limited goalie equipment can also be provided. This includes goalie pads, stick, blocker, chest pad and glove. Some pylons can also be provided.
- A detailed record of whatever is given out to your team is kept and you are asked to return everything at the end of the season. This includes equipment that may have been exchanged between coaches and/or players.
- CORA is supplying rings and cones to the Novice Rec and Bunny teams only. (Houle Sports is offering a coaches package with special pricing on rings and cones with a free coaches board and Lacroix is offering a great deal on rings as well). These have to be returned to the equipment manager at the end of the season. Teams are responsible to replace any rings lost or stolen during the season.
- It is the responsibility of the team to ensure that their jerseys are well cared for so that they will last for years to come. To that end, we offer the following tips:
Please remind the players and parents:
- The Ottawa Ringette jerseys are on loan for the season and will be collected at the end of the season. The player is responsible for any loss or damage to the jersey (excluding normal wear).
- When putting on any name bars and/or letters (C for captain and A for assistant) consider how they will be removed at the end of the season. Some iron-on letters cannot be removed by hand and require the use of a solvent which can stain the jersey.
- The jerseys are to be worn for games only. Each player should have her own practice jersey for practices.
- In order to protect the jersey, it’s recommended that players bring their game jerseys to the arena on a hanger. If the jersey is put in the equipment bag, be careful that it does not get damaged e.g. cut by skate blade, it is best placed it in the bag neatly folded and as the last item in.
- Nothing other than name bars of letters C or A are to be attached to the team jerseys without the permission of the CORA executive. This includes team sponsor name or information.
- Jerseys are to be washed prior to being returned at the end of the season.
Once the season is over:
- Collect all sweaters. A sure way to get all the jerseys at once is to collect them in the locker room after the last game of the season.
- Ensure that letters and player name bars are removed. The jerseys must be washed and returned to me.
- Collect all association goalie equipment. If a player should ask about keeping the equipment for camp and/or next season arrangements can be made between the equipment manager and the goalie personally.
- Return rings, cones (if applicable), and coach equipment bag (if applicable).
- After the season is over the equipment is checked and an inventory is made for the next season. Please keep track of your equipment because it makes it hard to do the inventory when you don’t return what you were given at the beginning of the season.
Equipment Not Supplied By CORA:
First Aid Kits – these can be purchased for $30-$40 at most department or drug stores.
Water Bottles – these can be purchased from most sporting goods stores.
Have Great Season.